Peachtree IPD 3-point multi lock system
The Peachtree IPD ( insulated patio door) is a complicated lock to replace if you don’t read this article and watch the video. This article contains information on the IPD multi-point lock components and tips to prevent having to re-install this lock more than once, or worse – locking the door and not being able to unlock. We have written instructions and a video to assist with the replacement of the existing lock.
The IPD mortise lock is comprised of five (5) components that must be connected properly to function. The middle of the door is the main lock body; this has two (2) flat bars that connect to the Auxiliary modules located above and below. The flat bars have small plastic coated pins that move the auxiliary latches. These bars travel through the center of the latches that have angled slots. These slots move the latch in when the door closes and extends the latches to a bolt position when the handles are lifted. Because these bolts have angled slots the removal of the rods is not always easy. The latch has to move in and out sometimes to allow the pins to travel through the latch. Also, these pins must be in the exact location for the latches to extend and retract.
BEFORE you do anything check the replacement mortise lock and be sure you have the correct one.
1. Check replacement lock to be sure it is functioning, handles operate latch and deadbolt extends and retracts.
2, Check lock is properly handed - Is the bevel on the correct side? If the lock is ordered wrong it can be re-handed. See article: Re-handing a Peachtree IPD Lock
3. Check the panic release - is on the correct side and working? With the deadbolt extended use the handle and see if it will retract from the inside; and stay locked on the outside. The lock has a panic release feature. This panic release allows one to exit from the inside without having to unlock the bolts. If the lock is installed backwards, the panic feature will be outside and anyone can get in. It is important to check function, handing and which side the panic release is located, before installing. Note: If not correct, the handing and panic release must be changed before installation.
4. After the lock is installed and before closing door, check the operation at least twice. Check the function of the deadbolts and panic feature.
When removing the flat bars it may be helpful to push the springlatch in and pull gently out to assist the plastic covered pins move through the latch.
Hardware - Handles / Trim
Replacement hardware is available in Polished Brass, Satin Nickel and Victorian Bronze. The Victorian Bronze is similar to Oil Rubbed Bronze
The original IPD hardware was Polished Brass, most had a single cylinder key on outside with thumbturn inside. The IPD was offered with a double cylinder lock, key on inside and out, as an option. Some cities do not allow double cylinder locks on doors. Check with local zoning before installing double cylinder locks.
IPD 3-point lock Parts and Hardware
IPD Door Panel Components:
- Active hardware handle set
37400021 Polished Brass
- Active hardware inside escutcheon plate
- Active hardware outside escutcheon plate
- Active hardware gasket
- Mortise lock drive rod ( ¼ x 11/16 )
- Escutcheon screw (10-32 x 2-1/8 oval head)
- IPD Mortise Lock ( Handed XO / OX )
- IPD Auxillary module ( Handed XO / OX )
- Mortise lock face plate kit ( plate w/ screws)
37400080 - Brass
- Mortise lock face plate screw ( 8 x 3/8 flat head, self tapping)
- Auxillary module face plate ( plate only )
37400046 - Brass
- Auxillary module face plate screw ( 8 x 3/4 flat head, self tapping)
- Bottom auxillary drive bar ( 33-3/16” )
37400052 - all doors
- Top auxillary drive bar ( 6-8 & 8-0 doors )
37400062 6-8 door
37400067 8-0 door
- Bottom Sweep ( 2-6 & 3-0 doors )
37400360 3-0 inswing door
37400380 3-0 outswing door
IPD Frame Components: ( not shown)
- Adjustable Hinge ( inswing & outswing )
- Hinge screw ( 12 x 1 w/ #10 flat head, self tapping)
- Strike plate kit
- Strike plate screw ( 8 x 3/4 , flat head, self tapping)
- Strike reinforcing plate
- Weatherstrip C-fold , Jamb ( 6-8 & 8-0 doors )
- Weatherstrip C-fold , Head ( 2-6 & 3-0 doors )
- Threshold, Inswing door ( 5-0 & 6-0 doors)
- Threshold, outswing door ( 5-0 & 6-0 doors)